Thursday 31 July 2014

The Word Of The Lord To Scotland

A prophetic word from Bill McMurdo

O Scotland
How oft would I have held you to My bosom
And sheltered you under the canopy of My wings
But you would not, preferring instead comforts of your own making
And seeking shelter in your vanities

For I would have drenched you with My glory
But you sought your own glories and basked in the pride of your achievements
Even now you boast in your conceit
And seek your own vainglory

Many times I have reached out My hand to you
Yet you turned your back on Me and shunned the help of The Holy One
You chose to forget MY Name and neglect My Word
I would have fed you with the Bread of Life
But you chose to be the sick man, eating that which does not satisfy

Your forefathers knew Me and I was their boast
You, on the other hand, seek to forge your own destiny
You have been Enlightened with wisdom, yet not that from above
And you plan a future with no place for the One who made you and formed you

I ordained you, Scotland, as chief of the nations
Yet you have abused and misused My trust
You have gone the path of the rebellious
And followed those who praise themselves

The destiny I have for you, you disdain as dung
You prefer instead to follow fancies and fill your life with futile things
You have made idols of blessings
And profaned that which is holy

Yours was a land of bloodshed and tyranny
Therefore I brought peace and security to you
Yet now you seek to be your own
And no longer want to be My covenanted nation and people

You seek to break covenant with Me
And My holy purpose for you
Come back to Me, My land
I, The Lord, do weep for you
And my prophets cry out in anguish

Be the people of The Lord once more
Be the people of The Book once more
And I will crown you with greatness
And engulf you in My glory

Glory is your purpose, My beloved Scotland
Turn not from it, says your God

William McMurdo, Emrys




No comments:

Post a Comment